13 March 2010

Botanical Gardens

I decided to take advantage of the nice weather and visit the Botanical Gardens . The outside garden didn't have to many flowers in season, not even my beloved peony, but the indoor gardens are filled with so many beautiful plants.

The green house had separate rooms for each environment such as desert, tropical, etc. My two favorite rooms were the desert and orchid room(I'm not sure what climate that was considered). I never knew how many kinds of cacti existed so it was definentley interesting. And orchids are one of my favorite plants so it was nice to see the variations in color and texture.


The garden is adjacent to the Capitol so I captured a scenic view.


Here are a few of the 10,000 photos I took. I brought my 35mm and black and white film so I hope those come out beautiful as well!










Cacao!


More of the garden.
















Papaya! Delicious.






The first things I thought of after I went to the garden were water color floral prints, textured chiffon and organic jewelry.

Some looks I pulled.

No comments:

Post a Comment